God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Friday, 30 October 2015

Lost in the Fog.....

Before I share another of my walks with you, would like to thank Gracie of  'One Saylor's Log' for the inspiration behind logging and blogging some of my walks.
Gracie's logs and blogs of her travels are far more adventurous than mine because of her location. I do encourage you to go and have a look at her web site, just for the glorious changing views of Mount Hood....

Right, before I start  must warn you that this post will be rather long!  Did try and cut some of the photos out but then it didn't make much sense at all and you wouldn't get a sense of my suburban/green fields environment....so shall we begin....

It is Tuesday 27th October at 9.30am when I set off, a rather damp and drizzly morning...

I am standing at the front gate looking down the street. The gate and gravelled front garden is the next door neighbour. All the houses are the same and attached in a blocks of six or eight. An alley way then goes down the side of the houses to give access to the back of our properties......


I have turned right and then right again at the bottom of our road and  am now out on to the busy main road walking up to a very busy crossroad and roundabout. It is rather misty.....



Turned right at the crossroad and approaching the  Pelican Crossing to get across the dual carriageway......see the green lights in the centre left..



Have crossed over the roads  and walking up a side road by houses towards the town boundary.
The 'double yellow lines' mean  "no parking at any time"...though often ignored!




Isn't this a glorious sight? Even in the damp and the increasing fog...



Am now at the town boundary where a large supermarket is situated to my right......you can just see it looming up out of the gloom. As I turn to my left ......


....this is where I am heading, down the lane and out into the fields and wood, visibility is poor and getting worse!!!


Had not expected the fog to be so heavy over the fields and it did rather spoil the surprise...sorry..



It did not make for comfortable walking at all, ...... my daughter would be a tad annoyed with me if she knew I was out here alone...but did have my phone with me....


You can just see the woods looming up out of the fog in the distance, decided that it would be best not to walk through the woods today...


The footpath I am on is actually the Bridle Path for the nearby stables and riding school, the horses have right of way over walkers. None about today!


Am finally nearing  the end of the footpath, straight down to the woods and turn left onto the road instead of straight through...glad to be nearing 'civilisation' once more. Perhaps it was not a good idea to come out walking  the fields, should have stayed on the pavements instead.


At last....stepping out onto the road that leads from the farm house just to my right out of the picture and up through the village and back onto the main road....



Isn't this a glorious sight? My church is just at the top of the lane here, to the right, just hidden by the trees. Will show you as I walk past....


Doesn't it look ethereal in the patch of sunlight?
Right....nearly home...follow the road round to the right and straight up past the few houses and  back over the town boundary again...


This is where we have been.....pity that the road signs are so close to the village sign, spoils the picture rather...

The traffic signs mean, cars can only travel at 20 miles per hour through the village and the sign underneath that means that it is a 'no through road'....it doesn't go anywhere, only to the houses.
Turn to my left to walk down the main road to the roundabout and here is this sign...


Great Grimsby has a chequered past and an uncertain future, and is much mocked by 'comedians' ...
Nearly home....


The busy crossroads where a large dual carriageway road meets two single carriageway roads and this huge roundabout.....


Nearly there, ....I now have to cross over two of these roads to get back to my street....


.....so I am going to put the camera away and concentrate on the traffic so I can get safely home to a very welcome cup of tea.

Do hope that you managed to get to the end and were not too bored by it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment