God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Saturday, 14 November 2015

Here we go again..........


As some of you know from much older posts my husband was made redundant on the 20th December 2013 after twenty three years with the same Company and the longest serving employee.

We cancelled Christmas altogether that year.

He started working in a new job September 2014 and now this small Company is struggling and is "letting go" one person from each department in a drastic cost cutting attempt to stay afloat.
As is the norm the "last in, first out" rule applies so as of 25th November 2015 my husband has no job, again.

Unlike last time though there is no redundancy pay off to pay the bills and to keep us sane as he has not worked there the statutory two years to qualify.
This is a great worry and until he has been to "sign on" for unemployment benefit we have no idea what funds we will have to manage on.

This time my husband is not so hopeful at finding further employment. He was so demoralised last time and in the employment climate here in the UK his age is against him. He is nearly forty six and  employers find that it is much cheaper to take on the under twenty fives who don't have to be paid so much as the over forty fives. We are going to call this "early retirement" instead and once again my whole day will have to  take on a new 'routine'

(For those who are new to this blog and are not aware...yes...my husband is younger than I am, by twenty years. We celebrated our Silver Wedding (twenty five years wed) this April.
I divorced an abusive partner in 1979 and have three children from that marriage)

So we have cancelled Christmas once again...actually there is nothing much to cancel as we were spending it alone for the first time as all the family have other plans, and I wrapped all the Christmas presents up ready for posting yesterday.

We will survive, God is in control and has a plan;
 and as always  we do wish He would tell us what it is!!


1 comment:

  1. From my human standpoint, I am sorry your husband's job has been cut. I immediately starting praying for you...asking God to encourage you, and give you wisdom as He provides for you in different ways even if it seems a muddle at the moment. Several of my children have made employment decisions in the last year that have stretched their faith and mine. I too have been frequently acknowledging that "We will survive, God is in control and has a plan." I really believe that God is Good all of the time and that He loves each of us best and most no matter what circumstances may present themselves to us. So I am joining you in thankfulness for all He is providing now. I am looking for His next step for me as you are, and I am thanking Him in advance for His powerful plan and provision...even as I feel muddled about the details. xx

    ReplyDelete