God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Monday, 21 December 2015

Sunday Sunrise


My husband and I had spent Saturday visiting his eighty year old Mother, a very uncomfortable fifty minute journey there on a rattly bus and the same again at the end of the day.

My Mother in law stopped cooking after her last husband (don't ask!) died four years ago and eats out all the time instead or buys in 'ready meals' that go in the microwave...even the tea is instant. Her main topics of conversation being how much money she has managed to save and where her next cruise/holiday was going to be and when.

 So we knew we were in for a very long day as usual.

So Sunday morning, I woke up even earlier than usual, full of aches and pains so decided to take a walk with the dawn to clear my headache.

As you can see from the photo above, getting a full uninterrupted view of the sky is virtually impossible from the back yard which is why I do often go a-walking to enjoy the view....



Before I set off just after 8.0am.

The shortest day will soon be here with the Winter Solstice on Tuesday 22nd December and the days will slowly start getting longer...hooray...

From this view in my back yard I walk round the corner and onto the footpath by the side of the main road and get my first real view of the morning sky....


There used to be a large senior school on this site, demolished earlier this year all ready for a brand new housing estate to be built in the New Year...all those little boxes called 'starter homes' which have no garden space and very little space in between each house


The slight morning mist indicates just how unseasonally warm it has been this last week


"When Morning Gilds The Sky"....to quote a very ancient German hymn



...there is always a seagull perched somewhere.....



This is the car park of the College my grandaughter's attend.... not very glamourous I know, but I make the most of the views available!



Round another corner to start the walk home, still faint glimpses of the rising sun.


Back on the main road...home for my bowl of Porridge and a welcome pot of Green Tea.

For some reason my early morning walks are always taken before breakfast...no idea why!



All that is left is for me to wish you all a peaceful Christmastide and  best wishes for the coming year.



Pax et Bonum











2 comments:

  1. It is lovely to see some of what you see around you, Joy! An early morning walk can be especially beautiful and cause one's heart to sing, "may Jesus Christ be praised!" I have not heard that hymn in awhile. Our Christmas celebration was sweet at church and home. My youngest son has been volunteering at a local service center preparing and serving some meals for the needy. Three of us joined him on Christmas Day and helped him serve dinner...a tiny gesture on our part to meet the ongoing challenge of encouraging folks who are homeless. How was your Christmas celebration? Has your husband found employment? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No jobs to be found yet Gracie,but God has a plan as always and He will let us know what it is eventually.
      We did indeed have a lovely Christmas day. We walked in the woods and swung on the swings...no one else around.

      Delete