God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Friday, 6 May 2016

Foggy Day revisited


If you remember in a previous blog post I took you along on one of my favourite walks but it turned out to be rather foggier than I expected. 

Having been bogged down in recent weeks by health, family and church issues I thought this morning that as the sun was shining I would retrace my steps and show you what the walk should have looked like.
Suggest that those of you have not read the original post about the walk go and give it a quick look so you can see the differences.

As previously...this will be a long post but apart from the first video which I have to admit does go on a bit too long, the others are short and sweet. Enjoy...








The spring Primroses are just about over now but found some in the shelter of the bank of one of the drainage ditches



Walking along I disturbed a bird that I didn't recognise, looked like a Skylark, same shape and size but with this startling yellow breast...

When I got home consulted my rather ancient bird book and it turned out to be a Yellow Hammer...I think




As expected, the Bluebells are a wonderful sight to see, and the scent is rather  intoxicating if you get close up to them


The small white flowers are Wood Anemone often called 'Wind Flower'


Sadly, this wood has seen it's fair share of deaths, mostly suicides, one murder and there are several of these  memorials dotted throughout the area.


As I am walking on my own it was safer to take the path that goes round the outskirts of the woods rather than take one of the paths that go through it.



There are Celandines growing in the ditch at the side of the path



A last look at the Bluebells before I start off for home


The children's play area and where all the paths  branch off from.
The red bin is for dog poop..we have them dotted all over the place.


The main entrance gate is at the far end of the road which will lead out onto a busy main road



Turn left and I set off down this narrow pavement to get back into town and home

Another field of the dreaded Rape Seed. It may look gloriously yellow but the smell of it when it is ready for harvest is horrendous and sets my asthma off


Put the camera away after this photo to concentrate on where I was walking, the pavement is so narrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment