God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Monday, 27 June 2016

A Small Garden!



This is the view from my front doorstep as I saw my husband off to work at 8.0am this morning.
It is a dull day and heavy rain fell in the night. 
The rain just seems to make this small wild patch of garden blossom..so I went and got my camera to share it with you.

As you can see...it is not over large!!

The Gleditsia tree always makes my heart sing, it is such a glorious shape , the leaves are very tactile and the colour is wonderful.

The green Dalek shaped object is my compost bin, and the boxes are for recycling; there are three of them, and hidden from view by this green fence arrangement.


Have now taken a few steps down the garden path.
There is an abundance of Foxgloves this year, no flowers at all last year but that is what Foxgloves do...all leaves one year, then flowers the next.
They are rather battered by the rain now and past their best and in need of a prune to encourage a second flowering.


Tucked in a small patch of soil next to the fence and front window I planted  several Broad Bean seeds last winter. The first lot of small plants were eaten by slugs and snails so this is the second planting and they have produced a nice small crop of fuzzy pods.
I am the only person who loves them so I get to eat them all. 
They will soon be ready to pod...yum!
I see that there is a dratted orange poppy popping up, they self seed everywhere and the ones in my garden have blown in from somewhere.


In the far left corner my Rhubarb crop is struggling this year and has been completely covered by the fallen Foxgloves.  
Not sure what to do for the best with it as the crop has been thin and spindly...but very sweet and juicy.

The Marigolds have just been dead headed as the seeds get every where .
I have picked a lot this year to make Marigold Oil as the batch made two years ago has all but run out. And they do look wonderful in a small vase to brighten up a dull day.




This gigantic Foxglove has self seeded itself  and keeping guard over the dustbin. Isn't it glorious.?



Thought I would share this with you, something all cat lovers will understand:-


It had started to rain...the cat hates rain but loves sitting out in the garden... 
"shall I go in, or stay out and hope it soon stops raining?"


Think that face says it all!

Have no idea what she decided to do in the end as I got on with what I was doing and left her to it!





No comments:

Post a Comment