God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Tuesday, 26 July 2016

Thistledown


In the spring a large thistle sprang up next to the bird table. 
I assumed that it was an uneaten seed that had escaped from the "Bird Cake" I make every winter for the birds.

As Blue Tits and Finches are rather partial to thistle seeds I let it grow......
it did indeed grow and grow and grow.

And then the Goldfinches came....

Great entertainment as we either sat outside or stood at the kitchen door watching the antics of three, sometimes four Goldfinch as they tugged at the seed heads with such speed that the back garden became  covered in the fluff of thistledown as it blew everywhere


I made several attempts to get a photograph of these little birds but they were just too speedy,

 but I kept trying....


...eventually I caught this one which I think is a rather superb 'action shot'


Next year the whole street will find that they have thistles growing in their gardens....






No comments:

Post a Comment