God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Monday, 10 October 2016

Monday Musings


Musing Number 1
Have been having a sort out which posed a question.....
What do I do with all the notebooks that I have used as prayer journals and  bible study notes?
Do I keep them? If so, for how long?
My family won't want them 'after I've gone'; so do I get rid of them now?

What do you do with your old note books?

My journals I have kept for decades and they will be saved as my 'legacy' if you like.
IF...any of the children or grandchildren want to read them! 
They may not; I haven't asked them.
Perhaps I should?

Meanwhile, the pile of old notebooks pile up.
I won't show you the pile of shiny new notebooks,just waiting to be written in!!!!
Have to confess that I do buy rather a lot of them, in an assortment of sizes....
......especially if they are on offer.

It seems that my two youngest grandchild also have a liking for notebooks too.

-----------
Musing Number 2


Saturday afternoon brought a  phone call from a very distressed son to say that some *******person 
had kicked his elderly ginger cat  like a football to boot him out of the way.
This cat has a habit of sitting in the middle of peoples drives and nonchalantly moving out of the way. A new neighbour down the street objected.

"Micky T" sustained a badly fractured jaw, but thankfully no more broken bones.
Yesterday the vet operated on him but his jaw is too badly shattered in one place and that part has had to be removed completely.
Thank goodness for Pet Insurance he said

Now we wait and pray to see if this elderly cat can eat and drink with his wonky jaw, if not.....

My son is  a softy when it comes to his cats, he has three.
 ( and three rabbits and a tank full of tropical fish as well)

---------------------
Musing Number 3

This is a 'knee update'....... had my final hospital check up last week. The bones have healed OK, but will now be prone to arthritis. The number of times my age is mentioned makes me want to tear my hair out. 
Sometimes I think that the doctors just use age as an excuse!!!!!

Anyway...knee and ligaments have reached a state of 80%  return to 'before accident' and apparently are not likely to improve much more due to my ..
..you guessed it....age....grrr
Walking is fine, but can't walk as far as 'before' and knee starts hurting after   about thirty minutes walking. So my two hour tramping the fields walks have been greatly reduced. Am hoping with  increased usage the strength and stamina builds up again slowly.


And then...this afternoon I have to report to the Cardiac Clinic yet again...
.....a recall this time as my last batch of routine tests " threw up an anomaly"
Goodness knows what that is all about? I know my heart leaks and is getting worse, I know that the blood and nerve supply to my left leg is getting worse....... 
.....and the reason for all this decay is...you guessed it......my age.....grrrr

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Uhm....perhaps this blog post should be called the "Monday Moan"

Happy Days




No comments:

Post a Comment