God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Monday, 24 October 2016

Trees


I love trees, always have done.
 I grew up in the Derbyshire Peak District, and my parents were walkers...
.....so was I from the time I could walk!
 My Father was a great reader of Tolkien and always called trees Ents, teaching me that they were living entities and should be respected as such.
Which I have continued to do.

Watching the leaves falling around me as I took a walk to the post office this morning, made me think.......

God had a great idea when He chose a tree as a symbol for growing Christians.

Tree branches on growing trees not only reach higher...
BUT
....their roots  grow deeper and wider.

It is impossible for a strong tree to have high branches without having deep roots.
It would be come top heavy and  in strong winds would topple over.
The same is true of Christians

It is impossible to grow in the Lord without entwining our roots around His Word, 
and deepening our life by obeying his commands.

There are other parallels too.

A growing tree will always provide shade and comfort for other trees and plants growing up under and beside it.

A growing tree takes in light and processes it for food
(as we do with God's Word)

Such a tree is always able to reproduce itself.

A growing tree is often pruned to help it grow straighter and taller.

Sometimes, the best trees give their lives for others for timber, for building.


May my roots grow deep in the Word and may my branches grow high.
When winds of adversity come, then I will remain strong.
-----------------------------------

The photo above is of Pike Pool  in Beresford Dale.
My Mothers ashes were scattered here; at her request as it was her favourite place in the Peak.

My Father requested that his ashes be scattered under a specific Oak Tree....where else


No comments:

Post a Comment