God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Friday, 27 January 2017

Whoops...I did it again!


It was the Woodpeckers fault!

Tuesday is the day I join my daughter on her mid morning walk with the dogs.
This time we decided to take a leisurely stroll around the back of the lake to see what we could see.
In the cold weather the birds come out to feed much later so 11.0am is a good time to bird watch.....

We saw  a pair of Kingfishers...or perhaps the same bird twice? They zoom along the river bank so quickly and all you see is a flash of 'kingfisher blue'...glorious.

The pair of Herons seem to have been joined by another singleton.

The Egret count has gone up to three now.

All the Cormorants seem to have disappeared for some reason.

We met a knowledgeable ornithologist who was telling us about the arrival of some 'Gadwall' ducks amongst the many others that are there on the water...or rather perched precariously on the vegetation as the lake was frozen in the most part.

The path was extremely muddy and slippy and when I suddenly spotted the elusive Woodpecker climbing up the side of a very near by tree I was over joyed.....
.....so much so that I didn't look where I was going, caught my right foot in a tree root or tuft of vegetation and 'splat'......flat on my back in the mud with my knee taken a good wrench.

Closely followed by two Labradors  piling on top of me to join in the fun!!!

Thank fully, because it was so cold I was wearing  numerous undergarments and my big walking coat, so they cushioned the  bounce...and the fact that I splatted into a particularly muddy bit, no real damage was done........
....apart from my right knee....
Thankfully not my left, which if you remember was damaged in another tripping incident in May last year and has not fully recovered.

The ornithologist helped my daughter haul me upright and we took a slow walk home...with a cold and wet bottom!!

What next my family have asked, and queried whether I am safe to be let out on my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment