God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Monday, 13 March 2017

Too much self.....


I have a lovely friend who gets  really taken over by what ever the latest trend is on Pinterest.
Last year it was Hygge...a Danish word for something that most of the world has been doing for generations.

This year the trend is for "Self Care Boxes"
I got one for Christmas

It was full of things that would fulfil my 'self care wheel' in order to maintain my 'life balance'.

My friend was rather put out when I emptied the box and put the items into everyday use instead of keeping them all in the box for use when I was feeling particularly down and in need of some 'self care'

This got me thinking....
 When I am in need of 'self care' it is to my Bible and prayer that I turn, not things in a box.

I am not 'self sufficient' and don't want to be.
There is too much self sufficiency about.

The dictionary definition of self sufficient is:-

1.  able to supply one's own or its own needs without external assistance
2. having extreme confidence in one's own resources, powers, etc           

It’s not that hard to admit that we need God’s help in this life. Only the most proud or the most foolish believe they are truly self-sufficient. Yes, we need God. Yes, we can seek from God whatever we need—help, comfort, or guidance.
But actually taking the step toward God can be not only difficult but complex. A lot of things can get in the way.

Remember one simple fact: God is for us, not against us. God waits for us, eager to help with our pain, shame, anger, or fear. The only thing to do is step forward and bring to God whatever burden hinders us.

No comments:

Post a Comment