God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Thursday, 13 April 2017

Good Friday Thoughts


Yes, I will follow Jesus

I will gladly follow Him around the Sea of Galilee and be fed alongside the five thousand.

I will drink wine made from water.

I will rejoice with the blind man who can see and stand amazed at a dead man who rises from the grave.

I will follow Jesus everywhere....except ...the cross

Oh I can cope with the burdens, those everyday troubles that we all must put up with.
And besides, there are always others to help us carry those burdens.

I can accept the thorns, those annoying inconveniences that can't be avoided.
I just accept those and get on living.

But a cross?

No, it is not my inclination to take up a cross.

Unlike burdens or thorns from which we can't escape and learn to put up with...
...a cross is a choice.

A choice that Jesus willingly made.

He did not have to take it up, he could have refused.

But, no, He willingly took up His cross so that you and I might have power.

Power to carry one another's burdens.

To gladly accept our thorns.

The Lord asks us to willingly take on those difficulties and situations that we face daily
and head up the long path to Calvary 
where pride and vanity, stubbornness and resentment are crucified.

His death and resurrection gives us the power to make that choice.

To daily take up our cross and follow Jesus



Easter Blessings

1 comment: