God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Wednesday, 24 May 2017

Ancestry DNA


This email appeared in my in box a few days ago....exciting!!!!

(Elsie Joy Barker is my name at birth...but have always been called Joy or EJ)

Three months ago my eldest daughter presented me with a Ancestry DNA kit, so that the result would hopefully, arrive in time for my birthday...which is in six days time....

She had her DNA  analysed at the beginning of the year with some surprising and very interesting results.

My children have a West Indian Father which accounted for the very diverse results.

Was not expecting any surprises in my DNA results, apart from the Irish and French Grandmother's.

This is what my results are:---


So where did the Scandinavian connection come from I wonder??

We knew from the extensive research done on the family tree of both my parents lineage that no one had moved far from the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire/Leicestershire area; so no surprises there .

The most exciting thing though is that there are four confirmed  third cousin DNA matches, and six  fourth cousin DNA matches.

The Ancestry.co.uk web site allows me to send messages to these cousins who are anonymous. It is up to them if they wish to make contact.

I do hope some one does, don't you?

Now my other daughter wants to get her DNA done just to see if she has any Irish blood, as none showed up in her sister.

Long time since I did DNA mapping in Human Biology classes so am not 100% sure how the links are formed.

Happy Birthday indeed


1 comment:

  1. 🎢Happy Birthday, dearJoy🎢
    πŸ’žπŸ’πŸ’žπŸ’πŸ’žπŸ’πŸ’ž
    I hope you are having a wonderful celebration! My youngest daughter gifted me with DNA testing, too. I don't know as much about my dad's ancestry as I know about my mom's ancestry which has a strong tie to Lincolnshire, England. I hope you and I are able to learn more! πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete