God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Tuesday, 9 May 2017

What now?


I 'suffer' from an auto immune disease called Polymyalgia Rheumatica, it is not life threatening, just blooming annoying.

It comes and goes, triggered by a trauma or incidence of excessive stress.

I have been in remission for just over six years ...until now.

If you remember, last May I had the fall that damaged my knee, that was the trigger for this relapse.

As my Rheumatologist reminds me  "PMR takes a year to cook"...
....then there is a "year, or eighteen months of hell"...
....followed by a "year of tapering off"   before it fades into the background again.

(If you have PMR for longer then it is Fibromyalgia. They are similar in symptoms but with distinct, notable differences)

Well, I have had my year of "cooking" now I prepare myself for the year ahead. 

Having been here before so know what to expect and will weather the storm without the offered medication. As always I refuse the mega doses of steroids to take for two years minimum, or the offer of Methotrexate.

Am used to living with chronic pain so this just takes it up a notch, it is the limited mobility that annoys! So will just get the walking stick out of moth balls ready for use and carry on.
And get to visit my rheumatologist more often...Thursday this week again.



The photos are off a walk my husband took two weeks ago to see the Bluebells in the wood. 
We were a week late really as they were just past their best, but uplifting to the soul none the less.


This fallen branch was covered in a velvety moss that was wonderful to the touch.

Hoping some one somewhere is having warmer weather than we are in the UK...it is mighty chilly and extremely windy......brrrrr





No comments:

Post a Comment