God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Saturday, 17 June 2017

"oh I do like to be beside the seaside...."


 This is what our local paper said today........

"The sun is shining for what is expected to be the hottest weekend of the year so far and hundreds of people are heading to Cleethorpes to make the most of the summer weather.
The Met Office and Public Health England have issued a Heat Health Watch Alert for the North East Lincolnshire area and much of England with temperatures forecast to reach 27c today (Saturday) and on Sunday with night-time lows unlikely to dip far below 17c making for some uncomfortable sleeping conditions.
The heat warning is in effect until 8am on Tuesday with temperatures on Monday still fairly high, peaking at around 23c."


So off we went to the sea side, only a couple of miles a way and a rather sweaty bus ride.

We called into our favourite eatery "Suzie's Cup of Joy"


Iced Latte for the husband and Iced Cappuchino for me...

.....plus...


Sundried Tomato and Mozzarella Panini for him...

.....and...


....this huge Beetroot and Falafel Salad for me.


Followed by a slow stroll to the less busy end of the beach for an ice cream...

........ and two very unflattering photos of myself that husband sneakily took...

I am wearing my unglamourous "cataract sunglasses" as advised by my optician.
They fit over my regular glasses, and despite looking very unattractive , stop my eyes hurting in sunlight



All this is on our doorstep and a place we regularly visit.

Another hot bus ride home to be greeted by a rather grumpy cat who hates hot weather 

and putting the kettle on for a welcome cuppa.

My shoes were full of sand

Happy day 





No comments:

Post a Comment