God has wonderful promises for us as we travel on through life and into later years.The best news is that,inside we need never grow old because He has actually promised to renew our youth day by day.

Isaiah 40:31



Friday, 28 July 2017

The Joys of an English Summer


This was the view from our back garden yesterday  about 6pm.
Thunder had started rumbling in the distance half and hour earlier getting nearer and nearer...
.....then this happened....



Last Saturday husband and I had donned our waterproofs and taken a walk by the sea, through the dunes alongside the marsh.

The clouds were an incredible sight 
(I love clouds)




Very atmospheric


As you can see, my waterproof coat is very long.
As we walked past a small boy (about five or six) out with his younger sister and Father, we heard him ask:-

"Is that Darth Vader?"

I turned round and pulled a face at him and then laughed. 
Father was so apologetic and the little boy was still not sure if I was friendly or not.
Made our day and we laughed about it on the way home.

Later I sent the photo to my youngest grandchild to see what she thought.
At age seven and three quarters she is very knowledgeable about such things   :)

She agreed that I did look a little like "Darth Vader's wife" and now I am known as Granny Vader.

Happy Days





No comments:

Post a Comment